[ovs-announce] Open vSwitch Job Opportunity
jpettit at nicira.com
Mon Jun 21 07:00:51 UTC 2010
Nicira Networks, a core supporter of the Open vSwitch project (http://openvswitch.org), is looking for a motivated software engineer to join their team working on the project. This includes enabling features needed from within Nicira and making the project attractive to external entities. You will have the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a fast-paced and technically-driven environment. Your responsibilities include:
- Design and develop an open source switch/routing software stack that is being widely deployed.
- Adapt fast-path and control interfaces to optimize forwarding on multiple software and hardware platforms.
- Implement and integrate new protocols, such as LACP and SNMP.
- Develop effective unit tests to validate correct operation of the software.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
- 3+ years industry experience
- Excellent understanding of C
- Unix/Linux development/diagnostics/troubleshooting
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
An ideal candidate will have some of the following skills:
- Experience working on relatively large user-space programs.
- Experience implementing layer-2 and layer-3 network protocols and technologies.
- Experience developing networking software in the Linux kernel or various hypervisor platforms.
- Experience with virtualization systems/hypervisors
- Experience developing stateful network applications such as firewall or IPS.
- Driver-level development for complex networking hardware such as high-performance NICs or commercial silicon switching chips.
- Strong experience with Python and shell scripting.
If you are interested, please contact careers at nicira.com.
More information about the announce