[ovs-announce] Open vSwitch 1.0.0 Available

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Mon May 17 07:36:00 UTC 2010

The Open vSwitch team is pleased to announce the availability of Open vSwitch 1.0.0:

	http://openvswitch.org/releases/openvswitch-1.0.0.tar.gz

This release contains numerous bug fixes and scalability improvements.  The major feature highlights include:

   - Configuration database with remote management
   - OpenFlow 1.0
   - GRE tunneling
   - Support for XenServer 5.5 and 5.6

The changes related to supporting the new configuration database were quite extensive, so future updates should occur more frequently.  We are working on adding support for priority-based QoS exposed through OpenFlow's slicing calls, IPsec tunneling, and port security.  We are also working with hardware vendors to bring Open vSwitch to their platforms as well.  Expect to hear more about that soon!

--The Open vSwitch Team