[ovs-announce] Open vSwitch 1.9.0 and 1.4.6 Available
jpettit at nicira.com
Tue Feb 26 22:28:00 UTC 2013
The Open vSwitch team is pleased to announce the release of Open vSwitch 1.9.0:
This release contains new features and bug fixes. It also represents our new LTS (long-term support) release branch. Feature highlights of 1.9.0 include:
- Allow bitwise masking for SHA and THA fields in ARP, SLL and TLL
fields in IPv6 neighbor discovery messages, and IPv6 flow label.
- Adds support for writing to the metadata field for a flow.
- Allow general bitwise masking for IPv4 and IPv6 addresses in
IPv4, IPv6, and ARP packets. (Previously, only CIDR masks
- Allow support for arbitrary Ethernet masks. (Previously, only
the multicast bit in the destination address could be individually
- New "flow monitor" feature to allow controllers to be notified of
flow table changes as they happen.
- Commands and actions that accept port numbers now also accept keywords
that represent those ports (such as LOCAL, NONE, and ALL). This is
also the recommended way to specify these ports, for compatibility
with OpenFlow 1.1 and later (which use the OpenFlow 1.0 numbers
for these ports for different purposes).
* The data in the RARP packets can now be matched in the same way as the
data in ARP packets.
- Support for ipv6 set action.
- SKB mark matching and setting.
- Support for Linux kernels up to 3.8
* FreeBSD is now a supported platform.
* And many others. See the full change log here:
In addition to the 1.9.0 release, we've also released 1.4.6:
The 1.4.6 release only contains bug fixes for 1.4.5.
--The Open vSwitch Team
Open vSwitch is a production quality, multilayer open source virtual switch. It is designed to enable massive network automation through programmatic extension, while still supporting standard management interfaces. Open vSwitch can operate both as a soft switch running within the hypervisor, and as the control stack for switching silicon. It has been ported to multiple virtualization platforms and switching chipsets.
More information about the announce