[ovs-announce] Open vSwitch 2.3.0, 2.1.3, and 2.0.2 Available
jpettit at nicira.com
Thu Aug 14 20:57:18 UTC 2014
The Open vSwitch team is pleased to announce the release of Open vSwitch 2.3.0:
This release contains new features and further performance improvements. Feature highlights of 2.3.0 include:
* Linux kernel datapath performance for megaflows.
* OpenFlow 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 are now enabled by default in ovs-vswitchd.
* ovs-vsctl now reports when ovs-vswitchd fails to create a new port or bridge.
* Added IPFIX support for SCTP flows and templates for ICMPv4/v6 flows.
* Support for Linux kernels up to 3.14.
* Added experimental DPDK support.
* And many others. See the full change log here:
In addition to the 2.3.0 release, we've also released 2.1.3 and 2.0.2:
These releases contain only bug fixes for the 2.1.2 and 2.0.1, respectively.
The 2.3 series represents the new LTS (long-term support) branch. This is the first LTS to include megaflows and multithreading, so we encourage deployments to upgrade.
--The Open vSwitch Team
Open vSwitch is a production quality, multilayer open source virtual switch. It is designed to enable massive network automation through programmatic extension, while still supporting standard management interfaces. Open vSwitch can operate both as a soft switch running within the hypervisor, and as the control stack for switching silicon. It has been ported to multiple virtualization platforms and switching chipsets.
More information about the announce