[ovs-announce] Open vSwitch 2.4.0 Available
jpettit at nicira.com
Fri Aug 21 10:51:41 PDT 2015
The Open vSwitch team is pleased to announce the release of Open vSwitch 2.4.0:
This release contains the largest number of new features of an Open vSwitch release. A few feature highlights of 2.4.0 include:
- Support for the Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (IEEE 802.1D-2004).
- Support for multicast snooping (IGMPv1, IGMPv2 and IGMPv3).
- A new "conjunctive match" OpenFlow extension that allows flows to be
constructed without introducing a Cartesian Product explosion.
- Add bash command-line completion for most CLI commands.
- Support for transactional flow updates through OpenFlow 1.4 Bundles.
- A number of new features from the latest OpenFlow specifications.
- A simple wrapper script, 'ovs-docker', to integrate OVS with Docker
- Support for STT and basic Geneve tunneling in Linux kernels.
- Support for VXLAN Group Policy extension.
- Support for DPDK Tunneling. VXLAN, GRE, and Geneve are supported
- Support for DPDK vHost.
- And many others. See the full change log here:
--The Open vSwitch Team
Open vSwitch is a production quality, multilayer open source virtual switch. It is designed to enable massive network automation through programmatic extension, while still supporting standard management interfaces. Open vSwitch can operate both as a soft switch running within the hypervisor, and as the control stack for switching silicon. It has been ported to multiple virtualization platforms and switching chipsets.
More information about the announce