[ovs-announce] Registration Open for OVS Fall 2016 Conference

Justin Pettit jpettit at ovn.org
Mon Sep 19 11:26:22 PDT 2016

The Open vSwitch team will host our third annual conference focused on Open vSwitch and OVN on Nov. 7 and 8, 2016, to be held at the San Jose Doubletree.  The Call for Participation is still open, but talks will likely include:

	- New stateful services for OVS
	- Deploying OVN at scale
	- Support for new platforms
	- The future of OVS and OVN
	- Programmable software-based networking

This is the first OVS conference that will be run as part of the Linux Foundation.  Registration may be done at the following URL:

   https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/open-vswitch-2016-fall-conference

The two-day event is $200 and will include breakfast, lunch and coffee breaks.  Room for the event is limited, so please register early.  Talks will be recorded and will be made available after the conference.

How to propose a talk
We've extended the proposal deadline for talks and panels on topics related to Open vSwitch.

Please submit proposals to to the following URL by Friday, September 23:

   https://goo.gl/forms/hX3xSwfaUXCuqFCq2

Speakers will be notified of acceptance by October 3.

Speakers should plan to attend the event in person.  Travel to and accommodations in San Jose are the responsibility of attendees.  The conference fee will be waived for speakers with accepted talks.

More information