[ovs-announce] Open vSwitch 2.7.0 and 2.5.2 Available
jpettit at ovn.org
Tue Feb 28 06:15:10 UTC 2017
The Open vSwitch team is pleased to announce the release of Open vSwitch 2.7.0:
This release includes the first non-experimental version of the DPDK datapath. DPDK provides fast forwarding performance by bypassing the kernel and processing all packets in userspace.
A few other feature highlights of 2.7.0 include:
- OVN QoS is now implemented via egress shaping rather than ingress policing.
- OVN supports DSCP marking.
- OpenFlow packet-out messages are now supported in bundles.
- On supported platforms, connection tracking now supports TFTP ALG.
- Support for Linux kernels up to 4.9.
- And many others. See the full change log here:
In addition to the 2.7.0 release, we've also released 2.5.2:
This release contains bug fixes for 2.5.1.
--The Open vSwitch Team
Open vSwitch is a production quality, multilayer open source virtual switch. It is designed to enable massive network automation through programmatic extension, while still supporting standard management interfaces. Open vSwitch can operate both as a soft switch running within the hypervisor, and as the control stack for switching silicon. It has been ported to multiple virtualization platforms and switching chipsets.
More information about the announce