[ovs-announce] Open vSwitch Fall 2017 Conference: Call for Participation and Registration

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Fri Sep 15 22:19:17 UTC 2017

The Open vSwitch project, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project,
will host its fourth annual conference focused on Open vSwitch and OVN
on November 16 and 17, 2017, at Club Auto Sport in San Jose,
California.

We are seeking long and short ("lightning") talks on topics related to
Open vSwitch and OVN.  We expect long talks to last 20 minutes with an
additional 5 minutes for questions, and short talks to last 5 minutes.

Topics that may be considered, among others, include:

 * The future of Open vSwitch (e.g., P4 and eBPF).

 * NAT, DPI, and stateful processing with Open vSwitch.

 * Deploying and using OVN.

 * Testing and scaling OVN.

 * NIC acceleration of Open vSwitch.

 * Using Open vSwitch to realize NFV and service chaining.

 * Porting Open vSwitch to new operating systems, hypervisors,
   or container systems.

 * Integrating Open vSwitch into larger systems.

 * Troubleshooting and debugging Open vSwitch installations.

 * Open vSwitch development and testing practices.

 * Performance measurements or approaches to improving
   performance.

 * End-user or service provider experiences with Open vSwitch.

 * Hardware ports of Open vSwitch (existing, in progress, or
   speculative).

 * The relationship between OpenFlow and Open vSwitch.

 * Using, developing, or administering OpenFlow controllers in
   conjunction with Open vSwitch.

 * Comparisons to other implementations of features found in
   Open vSwitch (e.g. other OpenFlow implementations, other
   software switches, etc.).

 * Increasing the size and diversity of the Open vSwitch user
   and developer base.

 * Tutorials and walkthroughs of use cases.

 * Demos.

Talks will be recorded and made available online.

How to propose a talk
---------------------

This year, we are soliciting proposals for full talks and short
("lightning") talks in a single round.  If you request a full talk, we
will also consider it for a lightning talk in the event that we cannot
accept it as a full talk.

We will also accept proposals for panel discussions.  Please submit
them as full talks and make it clear in the description that it is a
panel.

Please submit proposals to to the following URL by September 29:

	https://goo.gl/forms/erjZIQICXVjfUh863

Speakers will be notified of acceptance by October 6.

Speakers should plan to attend the event in person.  Travel to and
accommodations in San Jose are the responsibility of attendees.

How to attend
-------------

To partially cover expenses, we expect to charge $200 for
registration.  We offer complimentary registration to speakers,
students, academics, and anyone for whom the registration fee is
burdensome.  Please contact us if you need any help obtaining a
complimentary registration.

To register, visit https://www.regonline.com/openvswitch2017.

Related Event: DPDK Summit
--------------------------

The Open vSwitch conference, on Nov. 16-17, follows the DPDK North
America Summit on Nov. 14-15, in the same venue.  The CFP for the DPDK
Summit is open until Oct. 4:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/dpdk-north-america-summit/program/cfp

Important URLs

CFP: https://goo.gl/forms/erjZIQICXVjfUh863