[ovs-announce] Open vSwitch 2.9.0 and 2.8.2 Available
jpettit at ovn.org
Tue Feb 20 22:58:31 UTC 2018
The Open vSwitch team is pleased to announce the release of Open vSwitch 2.9.0:
A few other feature highlights of 2.9.0 include:
- No longer slow-path traffic that is sent to a controller.
- The DPDK version of OVS adds support for DPDK v17.11 and vHost IOMMU.
- OVN adds support to send IPv6 Router Advertisement packets in response to
the IPv6 Router Solicitation packets from VIF ports.
- NSH support in the Linux kernel datapath.
- Support for Linux kernels up to 4.13.
- And many others. See the full change log here:
In addition to the 2.9.0 release, we've also released 2.8.2:
This release contains bug fixes for 2.8.1 as well as updating NSH support to the latest IETF draft.
We plan to release 2.9.1 in the near future that will add support for clustered OVSDB using the Raft consensus algorithm. This will be particularly useful for OVN, since it will allow multiple instances of the database to be run to provide better performance and reliability.
--The Open vSwitch Team
Open vSwitch is a production quality, multilayer open source virtual switch. It is designed to enable massive network automation through programmatic extension, while still supporting standard management interfaces. Open vSwitch can operate both as a soft switch running within the hypervisor, and as the control stack for switching silicon. It has been ported to multiple virtualization platforms and switching chipsets.
More information about the announce