[ovs-announce] Open vSwitch 2.12.0 Available
jpettit at ovn.org
Tue Sep 10 16:19:56 UTC 2019
The Open vSwitch team is pleased to announce the release of Open vSwitch 2.12.0:
A few other feature highlights of 2.12.0 include:
- OpenFlow 1.5 required features are available and is now enabled by default.
- Support for match and set IPv6 ND options type and reserved fields.
- IPv4 and IPv6 fragmentation support for userspace conntrack.
- Linux kernel support up to 5.0.
- Experimental support for Linux AF_XDP mode.
- OVN support for Policy-Based Routing (PBR), IGMP Snooping and Querier, and IPAM improvements.
- And many others. See the full change log here:
Please note that the OVS 2.12 series will be the last to include OVN as part of the distribution. Future development of OVN is occurring outside of OVS in its own project:
--The Open vSwitch Team
Open vSwitch is a production quality, multilayer open source virtual switch. It is designed to enable massive network automation through programmatic extension, while still supporting standard management interfaces. Open vSwitch can operate both as a soft switch running within the hypervisor, and as the control stack for switching silicon. It has been ported to multiple virtualization platforms and switching chipsets.
More information about the announce