[ovs-announce] OVS+OVN '20: Call for Participation

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Tue Sep 15 17:24:23 UTC 2020

The Open vSwitch and OVN projects will host their seventh annual
conference focused on Open vSwitch and OVN on Dec. 7 to 11, 2020.  We
are seeking long and short ("lightning") talks on topics related to Open
vSwitch and OVN.  We expect long talks to last 20 minutes with an
additional 5 minutes for questions, and short talks to last 7 minutes
with 3 minutes for questions.  We are also seeking proposals for
30-minute live panel discussions led by a moderator.

We will use an online format.  Talks will be prerecorded and played
during the conference.  During the playback, text chat will give the
attendees and the presenters an opportunity to interact.  During the
question period, the presenters will answer questions live over audio
(and video, at the persenters' discretion).  Video will also be
available for offline viewing.

Since presenters and attendees will not be in a single location, time
zones are a question.  We will survey attendees and presenters to
determine the best times for everyone involved.  We will not fill the
entire week but rather use shorter blocks of time that are more
comfortable for participants and easier to fit into a schedule.  We
might present some talks multiple times, given interest from
participants.

The conference will be free this year.

Topics
------

Topics that may be considered, among others, include:

 * The future of Open vSwitch (e.g., AF_XDP, P4, eBPF).

 * NAT, DPI, and stateful processing with Open vSwitch.

 * Deploying and using OVN.

 * Testing and scaling OVN.

 * NIC acceleration of Open vSwitch.

 * Using Open vSwitch to realize NFV and service chaining.

 * Porting Open vSwitch to new operating systems, hypervisors,
   or container systems.

 * Integrating Open vSwitch into larger systems.

 * Troubleshooting and debugging Open vSwitch installations.

 * Open vSwitch development and testing practices.

 * Performance measurements or approaches to improving
   performance.

 * End-user or service provider experiences with Open vSwitch.

 * Hardware ports of Open vSwitch (existing, in progress, or
   speculative).

 * The relationship between OpenFlow and Open vSwitch.

 * Using, developing, or administering OpenFlow controllers in
   conjunction with Open vSwitch.

 * Comparisons to other implementations of features found in
   Open vSwitch (e.g. other OpenFlow implementations, other
   software switches, etc.).

 * Increasing the size and diversity of the Open vSwitch user
   and developer base.

 * Tutorials and walkthroughs of use cases.

 * Demos.

How to propose a talk
---------------------

We are soliciting proposals for full talks and short ("lightning")
talks in a single round.  You may propose a talk as a full talk, a
lightning talk, or for either one at the committee's discretion.

We will also accept proposals for live panel discussions with a
moderator.  Please make it clear in the description that it is a
panel.

Please submit proposals to ovscon at openvswitch.org.  Proposals should
include:

	* Title and abstract.

	* Speaker names, email addresses, and affiliations.

	* Whether you are proposing a full talk, a lightning talk,
          either one at the committee's discretion, or a panel
          discussion.

	* For a panel discussion, a list of panelists.

Important Dates

* Deadline for proposals: October 16.

* Notification of acceptance: October 30.

* Conference: December 7-11.

More information