[ovs-announce] Open vSwitch 2.16.0 is Available.
i.maximets at ovn.org
Mon Aug 16 23:01:05 UTC 2021
The Open vSwitch team is pleased to announce the release of Open vSwitch 2.16.0:
A few other feature highlights of 2.16.0 include:
- New OVSDB Service Model - "Relay", which is targeted to scale out
read-mostly access (ovn-controller) to existing databases.
- Userspace Datapath:
* Experimental performance optimizations using the AVX512 instruction set.
* Load balancing enhancements for PMD threads, including partial
cross-NUMA polling and a new "group" method of assigning Rx queues.
- Support for a new per-CPU dispatching mode for upcalls.
- And many others. See the full change log here:
Starting from the next release (2.17), OVS will no longer provide default values
for DPDK EAL arguments --socket-mem and --socket-limit. DPDK defaults will
be used instead. In order to preserve current behavior, users should start
configuring 'other_config:dpdk-socket-mem' and 'other_config:dpdk-socket-limit'
--The Open vSwitch Team
Open vSwitch is a production quality, multilayer open source virtual switch. It
is designed to enable massive network automation through programmatic extension,
while still supporting standard management interfaces. Open vSwitch can operate
both as a soft switch running within the hypervisor, and as the control stack
for switching silicon. It has been ported to multiple virtualization platforms
and switching chipsets.
More information about the announce