[ovs-dev] xenserver: use ovs-vsctl for VIF VLAN configuration instead of /var/lib/openvswitch/br-*

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Tue Oct 6 16:35:16 UTC 2009

Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell at eu.citrix.com> writes:

> I was thinking of using ovs-vsctl exclusively for configuration
> modifications from the vif hotplug script but that would need a
> mechanism to pass the additional vif details to ovs-vsctl add-port as
> well as perhaps making the bridge optional to del-port. The other option
> would be to use the --no-reload option and split the config mods into
> two parts, but I don't like that idea much.

I forgot to respond to part of this before, about adding
additional vif details.  I guess by this you mean the details
that were previously dumped out by the "dump-vif-details"
script.  I'm not sure that I have a clean solution for this
particular problem.  If this part required an extra call to
something else (ovs-cfg-mod I suppose) do you judge that it would
still be valuable to add support for multiple operations in a
single ovs-vsctl run?