[ovs-dev] [bonding 2/2] bonding: Balance bond slaves based on ratio.

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Fri Oct 16 17:15:58 UTC 2009

Jesse Gross <jesse at nicira.com> writes:

> Previously when deciding whether to migrate a hash between slaves
> we would never move it if it would cause more load on the new slave
> than the old.  This could lead to a situation where the slaves would
> be imbalanced but no migration would occur since it would flip the
> load.  This will do the migration if it will decrease the ratio.

If you're confident about the invariants, then this looks OK to
me.

This code really wants a balanced binary tree structure.  We need
to find someone to implement one ;-)

I think that, with some work, this code could be broken out into
an independent file.  Then we could write some unit tests that
make sure that it really does the right thing in various
contrived situations.