[ovs-dev] vSwitch OpenFlow re-write Ethernet address action support

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Tue Oct 27 17:44:24 UTC 2009

Hmm.  It works fine in my testing.  Are you doing this from a
controller and you're getting these errors over OpenFlow?  Can you try
adding the flows manually on the switch to see if it works from you
there?  The command will look something like the following:

   ovs-ofctl add-flow br0 in_port=1,udp,actions=mod_dl_dst:
88:88:88:88:88:88,2

This rule says that datapath br0 should modify the Ethernet
destination MAC to all 8s for UDP packets that come in on port 1 and
send them out port 2.  You'll obviously need to change it to match the
action you're trying to perform.

Is it possible that you're having an endian issue in the action you're
setting?  If you're seeing 1024 and 1280 (you indicated 1080), then
these are the Ethernet modification actions in the wrong endian order.

--Justin