[ovs-dev] [ovs-discuss] [ACLv2 02/19] ofproto: Add ofproto_get_flow_stats functions.

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Fri Sep 4 22:09:59 UTC 2009

Ben Pfaff wrote:
> By the way, although this is something that I could find out for
> myself, what happens when a switch that has a configured
> controller goes into fail-open mode?  Do any configured ACLs go
> into effect at that point?  Would it make sense for them to do
> so?

Currently, if a bridge has a controller configured it will disable
ACL's, independent of the state of that controller.  It probably makes
sense to turn them on if fail open goes into effect.  It would give
administrators much finer grained control beyond just fail-open and
fail-secure.

I don't think that it would be too confusing to have ACL's suddenly
spring in to effect in this situation.