[ovs-dev] [ovs-git] Open vSwitch: xenserver: Make RPM install work again. (master)

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Mon Sep 14 19:36:44 UTC 2009

Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> writes:

> Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell at citrix.com> writes:
>
>> On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 22:49 +0100, dev at openvswitch.org wrote:
>>> commit ac9634f0af8d2cf8259a3cf7d7d6e19cc0d67457
>>> Diffs: http://openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openvswitch;a=commitdiff;h=ac9634f0af8d2cf8259a3cf7d7d6e19cc0d67457
>>> Author: Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com>
>>>
>>> xenserver: Make RPM install work again.
>>>
>>> The RPM install was generating a database cache in Python pickle format in
>>> /etc/ovs-vswitchd.conf, but interface-reconfigure was looking for it in
>>> XML format in /var/lib/openvswitch/dbcache.  This fixes the problem, by
>>> adding an init-dbcache command to interface-reconfigure and then using that
>>> at RPM install time.
>>>
>>> This moves the database cache creation from %pre to %post.  This is
>>> necessary so that interface-reconfigure is available from the install
>>> script.
>>
>> FWIW the "rewrite-configuration" action for the management PIF should
>> have been sufficient for this.  [...]
>
> Oh, definitely.  It just wasn't obvious to me how to find a PIF
> name from an installation script.  Now that I look again, I could
> do it easily by sourcing /etc/xensource-inventory.  I'll make a
> note to change the way I do this.

So I took a closer look and that isn't good enough.  "rewrite"
requires either a session and a PIF or a PIF UUID.  %post doesn't
have a session, and I don't see a way to easily get a PIF UUID.
"--force rewrite" does take a bridge name but it wants to
reconfigure that bridge, which %post doesn't want to do.

Can you suggest a way to do this then?

Thanks,

Ben.