[ovs-dev] Synchronize master branch overrides with XenServer trunk

Ian Campbell Ian.Campbell at citrix.com
Thu Sep 17 13:37:04 UTC 2009

Before Justin left he asked me to send out the current trunk (actually
our vswitch branch of trunk) versions of the various files which are
overridden in openvswitch.git/xenserver so that we remain somewhat in
sync.

These are the current versions of those files after I pulled in
edaa959f6b5100361a6af2e5c68ca6abb94bf838 this morning. They should be
suitable for the master branch but I don't think you want them for the
citrix branch as they may include other development since the George
release.

Changes to interface-reconfigure:
      * drop "--test-mode" option -- it was never wired up to anything.
      * add some additional checks for valid parameter combinations
      * raise some errors for unimplemented (but not currently used in
        XenServer) options

Changes to xen-bugtool are too many to enumerate since they include a
bunch of our trunk development. However since we already incorporate
vswitch log collection into our trunk version of xen-bugtool you can
probably consider dropping this override from you master branch
(eventually none of these overrides should be necessary in the master
branch as they will be included in the base XenServer install).

vif script seems in sync already, included for completeness.

Ian.