[ovs-dev] [loops 6/6] datapath: Detect and suppress flows that are implicated in loops.

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Tue Aug 3 18:17:08 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 11:15:06AM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> OK, I reworked the patch along these lines.  I changed max_count to a
> flag, but I'm not sure how we can avoid the extra conditional branch;
> maybe you see something.
>
> I'm more confident about the testing with this version.  I updated the
> commit log to include my test case.

I forgot to mention the disposition of the other patches in the series:

        - Patches 1 and 2 made sense regardless, so I have already
          pushed them.

        - Patches 3 and 4 were no longer needed with this approach, so I
          discarded them.

        - Patch 5 doesn't seem worthwhile enough to bother, so I dropped
          it.

        - And the previous email, the one to which I am replying,
          supplants and replaces patch 6.  It's the only one that needs
          review now.