[ovs-dev] Merging datapath into the upstream kernel tree

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri Aug 6 10:32:08 UTC 2010

On Friday 06 August 2010, Simon Horman wrote:
> > Any of us at Nicira could sign off on it.  Jesse Gross
> > <jesse at nicira.com> does the most substantive work on the kernel module
> > these days, for what it's worth.
>
> That seems reasonable to me.
>
> How about I get a patch together, sign it off myself (as the person
> who prepared the patch) and then seek another sign-off before re-posting
> the patch for merging.

I think it would be more sensible the other way round: The way that the
Certificate of Origin works (see [1]) works, you should put your S-o-b
below jesse's to say that everything in the patch either came from
him (or he knows who) or yourself.

	Arnd

[1] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob;f=Documentation/SubmittingPatches