[ovs-dev] Merging datapath into the upstream kernel tree

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Fri Aug 6 16:54:47 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Simon Horman <horms at verge.net.au> wrote:

> module
> > >
> > > That seems reasonable to me.
> > >
> > > How about I get a patch together, sign it off myself (as the person
> > > who prepared the patch) and then seek another sign-off before
> re-posting
> > > the patch for merging.
> >
> > I think it would be more sensible the other way round: The way that the
> > Certificate of Origin works (see [1]) works, you should put your S-o-b
> > below jesse's to say that everything in the patch either came from
> > him (or he knows who) or yourself.
>
> Ok, how about I prepare a patch, and we order the Signed-off-by lines
> as you suggest :-)

That sounds good.  If you post the patch to the list when you are ready, I
can add a signed-off-by line after everything is finalized.

It seems pretty clear that it will simplify things if we start adding
signed-off-by lines to the kernel code in our repository as a routine
matter, so I'll begin doing that.

> In related news. I'm was working on a few patches to get the current
> code to work with Linus's (post 2.6.35, pre 2.6.35-rc1) tree. Unfortunately
> I ran out of Friday before it was done.

Great, thanks.  We'll start looking the patches over so we can integrate
them as soon as possible.