[ovs-dev] [wdp error reporting 5/5] ofproto: Improve OFPT_FLOW_MOD error reporting.

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Tue Aug 17 01:49:25 UTC 2010

On Jul 26, 2010, at 3:44 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:

> static inline int
> -ofp_make_vendor_error(uint8_t vendor, uint16_t type, uint16_t code)
> +ofp_mkerr_vendor(uint8_t vendor, uint16_t type, uint16_t code)
> {
>     return (1 << 30) | (vendor << 26) | (type << 16) | code;
> }
>
> +/* Returns the OpenFlow vendor error with Nicira as vendor, with the specific
> + * 'type' and 'code', as an integer. */
> +static inline int
> +make_nxerr(uint16_t type, uint16_t code)
> +{
> +    return ofp_mkerr_vendor(OFPUTIL_VENDOR_NICIRA, type, code);
> +}

This is super minor, but in the first function, you changed "make" to "mk", but then introduced a new similar function that uses "make".  It's a bit inconsistent, but it is only a static function.

> +     *   - OpenFlow lacks appropriate error types and codes for many
> +     *     situations.  Feel free to add a new error vendor extension to
> +     *     nicira-ext.h to handle these situations, either under
> +     *     OFPUTIL_VENDOR_NICIRA if it seems reasonably generic or with your
> +     *     own vendor ID otherwise.

I don't know that we should encourage users to add them under Nicira's vendor id, since there could be conflicts with ones that we define.

Otherwise, looks good.

--Justin