[ovs-dev] [patch v2 0/7] datapath: 2.6.36-rc1 compatibility

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Fri Aug 20 19:42:38 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 11:36 PM, Simon Horman <horms at verge.net.au> wrote:
> This series of patches aims to add compatibility to datapath with 2.6.36-rc1.
>
> The main aim of this is to allow datapath to compile against
> that tree so that we can submit datapath for inclusion in the kernel.
>
> This is v2 of these patches (The original subject was "datapath:
> post-2.6.35 compatibility ").
>
> This series addresses all of the concerns raised by and
> suggestions made by Jesse Gross with regards to first posting of this
> series, except for those relating to "datapath: Use rtnl_link_stats64"
> which I would like to discuss further.
>
> The last patch in this series "datapath: struct brport_attribute no longer
> has an owner element" adds compatibility with a change that was
> added to Linus's tree after I posted the previous series.

Thanks, this looks great.  I'm happy that you were able to keep most
of the ugliness of different kernel versions in the compat directory.

I did some testing against a few different kernel versions and compile
testing against a bunch more.  I ran into a few small issues as well a
couple of things that I noticed as I was looking through the code.  I
was going to just fix up the small things but it ended up being a few
different changes and I didn't want to make you take responsibility
for my bugs, so I thought that I would let you do it.