[ovs-dev] debian/openvswitch-switch-config.templates

Simon Horman horms at verge.net.au
Mon Aug 30 08:36:46 UTC 2010

Hi,

The remaining linitan warnings warnings that feel that I should care about
relate to openvswitch-switch-config.templates.  I'm not an expert on
debconf, so I'm a bit unsure about what to do, but given the second
warning, it seems that the the template probably doesn't work. Should it be
removed? For now?

W: openvswitch source: template-uses-unsplit-choices openvswitch-switch-config - openvswitch-switch/netdevs
N:
N:    The use of _Choices in templates is deprecated. An _Choices field must
N:    be translated as a single string.
N:
N:    Using __Choices allows each choice to be translated separately, easing
N:    translation and is therefore recommended.
N:
N:    Instead of simply replacing all occurrences of "_Choices" by
N:    "__Choices", apply the method described in po-debconf(7) under
N:    "SPLITTING CHOICES LIST", to avoid breaking existing translations.
N:
N:    If in doubt, please ask for help on the debian-i18n mailing list.
N:
N:    Refer to the po-debconf(7) manual page for details.
N:
N:    Severity: normal, Certainty: possible
N:
W: openvswitch source: template-uses-unsplit-choices openvswitch-switch-config - openvswitch-switch/mode
E: openvswitch-switch-config: no-debconf-config
N:
N:    The package contains a "templates" file in its control area but has no
N:    corresponding "config" script. This is occasionally OK, but is usually
N:    an error.
N:
N:    Severity: important, Certainty: possible
N:
W: corekeeper: non-standard-dir-perm var/log/core/ 1777 != 0755
N:
N:    The directory has a mode different from 0755, and it's not one of the
N:    known exceptions.
N:
N:    Refer to Debian Policy Manual section 10.9 (Permissions and owners) for
N:    details.
N:
N:    Severity: normal, Certainty: possible
N:
N: 1 tag overridden (1 warning)