[ovs-dev] debian/openvswitch-switch-config.templates

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Mon Aug 30 17:12:56 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 05:36:46PM +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
> The remaining linitan warnings warnings that feel that I should care about
> relate to openvswitch-switch-config.templates.  I'm not an expert on
> debconf, so I'm a bit unsure about what to do, but given the second
> warning, it seems that the the template probably doesn't work. Should it be
> removed? For now?

The "no-debconf-config" warning is there because Debconf is not used as
part of package configuration at "dpkg --configure" time.  It is used
only when the admin explicitly invokes the "ovs-switch-config" script.
This isn't the usual way but at the time I found a Debian document that
said that it was OK.

At any rate, the ovs-switch-config script doesn't really work anymore.
No one has complained, so I don't think that we should bother keeping
this around.  I'll send out a patch that removes it.