[ovs-dev] brport_sysfs_ops

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Tue Aug 31 19:53:38 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 12:53 AM, Simon Horman <horms at verge.net.au> wrote:
> Hi Jesse,
>
> I just came across the following error:
>
> net/openvswitch/built-in.o:(.data+0x610): multiple definition of `brport_sysfs_ops'
> net/bridge/built-in.o:(.rodata+0x1140): first defined here
>
> I seem to recall some discussion of these sysfs entries at the meeting in
> Boston. Was the decision to remove them?

I'm not sure that we actually reached a decision regarding sysfs
entries.  However, I would be inclined to remove them now and then
perhaps add a few back in later if needed.  A lot of them are purely
for bridge compatibility and will most likely never make sense for
Open vSwitch.  For the ones that do, we can figure it out once we know
exactly how they will be used in their own right.

Unfortunately, this can probably only be done for the upstreamed
version.  Since a number of people are using bridge compatibility from
the Open vSwitch tree, we'll need to leave the sysfs code there.  I'm
hoping that this won't be too difficult as the sysfs code is
relatively self contained.