[ovs-dev] [tests+nxm-ofctl 35/42] ofp-util: New functions for creating Nicira extension messages.

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Mon Dec 6 18:23:14 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 12:15:53AM -0800, Justin Pettit wrote:
> On Nov 23, 2010, at 2:44 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>
> > +/* Creates an stats request message with Nicira as vendor and the given
>
> "an" -> "a"

Thanks, fixed.

> > + * 'subtype', of total length 'openflow_len'.  Returns the message. */
> > +void *
> > +ofputil_make_nxstats_request(size_t openflow_len, uint32_t subtype,
> > +                             struct ofpbuf **bufferp)
> > +{
>
> The return value is inconsistent with ofputil_make_stats_request(),
> which returns the first byte of the "body" member.  Do you think it's
> worth modifying nicira_stats_msg to have a "body" member, so they
> could behave similarly?

Ugh, no thanks please.  The inconsistency is intentional; dealing with
stats messages is much more of a pain that it needs to be because of the
'body' member.  I'm more inclined to rewrite our openflow.h to get rid
of the 'body' for OpenFlow stats than I am to add one to nicira-ext...