[ovs-dev] [sparse 4/4] datapath: Do not shadow 'err' variable name in tnl_send().

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Tue Dec 28 05:03:43 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:
> The sparse checker reported that 'err' was used for two different variables
> in tnl_send().  The two variables have different types, so this patch
> renames the inner one.
>
> I am not 100% certain that an error detected via 'xmit_err' should not be
> propagated outward to 'err'.  This patch proceeds on the assumption that
> the code was correct as written, and does not change its behavior.

The current code (and this patch) match the intention, so it's not a
bug, or at least not an accidental one.  There are a bunch of things
in our stats handling code that are inconsistent that I'm planning on
looking at in the future, so I deal with this then if it seems that
the behavior isn't right.

For now, this patch is the best thing to do.