[ovs-dev] [suse 1/7] xenserver: Add LSB init info to scripts.

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Tue Dec 28 18:59:29 UTC 2010

On Dec 15, 2010, at 11:18 AM, Ben Pfaff wrote:

> +### BEGIN INIT INFO
> +# Provides:      vswitch
> +# Required-Start: $remote_fs
> +# Required-Stop: $remote_fs
> +# Default-Start:  2 3 5
> +# Default-Stop:
> +# Short-Description:    vswitch
> +### END INIT INFO

I'm not that familiar with naming and description conventions here, but I would have expected more references to this coming from the Open vSwitch project (to distinguish it from potentially other vswitches).  We have a similar definition for our Debian integration, but quite a few of the particulars are different:

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          openvswitch-switch
# Required-Start:    $network $named $remote_fs $syslog
# Required-Stop:     $remote_fs
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
# Short-Description: Open vSwitch switch
### END INIT INFO

Is there a reason not to bring them more in sync?

> +### BEGIN INIT INFO
> +# Provides:      openvswitch-xapi-update
> +# Required-Start: $network $remote_fs
> +# Required-Stop: $network
> +# Default-Start:  3 5
> +# Default-Stop:
> +# Short-Description:    openvswitch-xapi-update
> +### END INIT INFO

Is there a reason that neither of these define Default-Stop values?  On my Ubuntu system, network has stop levels for 0 and 6.

--Justin