[ovs-dev] [wdp 4/4] ofproto: Fix abstraction of OpenFlow multiple table support.

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Mon Jul 12 17:54:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 12:19:44AM -0700, Justin Pettit wrote:
> On Jul 2, 2010, at 5:14 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>
> > +     * Flows are filtered out in two ways.  First, based on the bit-mask in
> > +     * 'include': wdp_rule 'wr' is included only if is included only if
> > +     * 'include & (1u << wr->ofp_table_id)' is nonzero.
>
> I think you can drop that first "only if is included".

Thanks, I fixed this here and in the other spot too.

> I know the OpenFlow side of multiple tables hasn't been exposed yet,
> but I don't see how strict actions (e.g, delete and modify) will
> support multiple tables through this interface.  I would think the
> "flow_get" method would need some sort of way to indicate the table,
> non?

You're right.  This patch still maintains an OpenFlow 1.0 view of the
flow table, in which a given flow can only exist in a single table, not
in multiple tables.  I'll deal with that problem when I add more
extensive support for multiple tables.

Thanks,

Ben.