[ovs-dev] Open-vSwitch

Christian Rößner c at roessner-network-solutions.com
Fri Jul 23 15:13:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

I tried to subscribe to all of your mailing lists, but had no chance, because your mailserver is miss configured. The EHLO name does not resolve to an existing A or MX record, which is mandatory to RFC. Further more there does not exist an postmaster mail account for @openvswitch.org, which also breaks RFC.

Ok, this was just a side note. Main reason is that I want to ask, if somebody could write an upstart script for Ubuntu versions? I like the debian stuff found in the git repo, but with the event driven startup model from Ubuntu it is nearly impossible to start openvswitch-switch at init time. The problem is that openvswitch gets loaded too late, while the networking stuff already is run earlier. I tried to get the trick with upstart, but it seems not so trivial like regular sysvinit stuff. Would be really cool to get help here.

Concerning the mail problems: If somebody needs help configuring postfix or whatever MTA you guys are using, maybe I can help you?

Thanks in advance

Christian