[ovs-dev] Problem with PXE boot virtuals within XenServer 5.5

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Wed Jun 2 17:10:47 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 7:33 AM, Jeroen <jeroen at vermeulen-online.nl> wrote:
>> As written in the subject, we have problems using PXE boot in XenServer 5.5
>> with vSwitch 1.0.0 enabled. We use this for automated rollout of windows
>> servers.
>
> Thank you for the report.  I spoke to our QA folks, who say that they do test
> PXE boot.  They have not specifically tested it on XS5.5, so they are going to
> take a look at that.

One of our QA engineers tried out PXE with OVS on XS5.5.  He says that it worked
OK, and I can see myself that the VM booted successfully.  It was, however, a
Linux VM that he booted, not a Windows VM.  If you don't mind, could you try
PXE-booting a Linux VM in your setup?  Perhaps it is a Windows vs. Linux
difference, somehow.