[ovs-dev] openflow-1.0 : handling of max_len = 0

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Fri Mar 5 07:22:04 UTC 2010

On Mar 4, 2010, at 11:04 AM, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:

> 	So, if you want to verify basic OpenFlow support in Open
> vSwitch in the future, I would urge you to use the OpenFlow reference
> test suite and to contribute to it. By using the test suite you will
> save yourself time, and by contributing new tests to the test suite
> you will make sure that subsequent versiond of Open vSwitch are tested
> against it.
> 	I think it make sense to poll our testing resources rather
> than duplicating effort. As the OpenFlow test suite is the only test
> suite publically available, it make sense to standardize on it and
> improve it.

The fact that we still have these OpenFlow 1.0 regressions is my fault.  Your work on getting the OpenFlow testing suite working with OVS is really appreciated.  Unfortunately, we've been focused on stabilizing the "next" branch, since the new configuration database has forced us to touch nearly every component of the system.  We're making good progress on getting that through our QA department's regression suite.  We're hoping to get the green light from them within the next week to merge these changes into master.  Once that is done, fixing the issues the testing suite has found will become a high priority.

Tetsuo-san's contribution has also been fantastic.  All the bugs he's pointed out have come with patches that allow us to immediately see the defect and how to address it, so we've been able to quickly jump on them.  When I get a chance to re-run the regression suite, we're going to be in much better shape.

Thank you both very much for your contribution to the project!

--Justin