[ovs-dev] [PATCH] MPLS OF 1.0
blp at nicira.com
Tue Nov 2 16:39:42 UTC 2010
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 10:33:43PM -0400, Ludovic Beliveau wrote:
> Implementation of MPLS extension for OpenFlow 1.0.
> The work was done by Sambit Das (skdas at ucsd.edu). The baseline used
> was OpenVSwitch 1.0.1. Testing has been done.
> Documentation about the work done is available on request.
Thank you for passing this along.
In its current form, this is not suitable for Open vSwitch, for the
following reasons and others:
- This patch makes Open vSwitch incompatible with OpenFlow 1.0
in many ways:
* It changes the size of the OpenFlow ofp_match and other
* It changes OpenFlow ports from 16 to 32 bits in size.
* It renumbers standard OpenFlow request and reply types,
inserting new non-standard OpenFlow requests and replies
in between existing message types.
* It also adds several new non-standard OpenFlow actions,
also without using the vendor message feature.
- This patch adds significant library code to the kernel
datapath module, that is both redundant with libraries already
included in the kernel and does not follow the kernel coding
- This patch adds #if 0'd and /*commented out*/ code. We don't
- This patch does not apply to the tip of the OVS "master"
I could spend some time writing up more detailed feedback, if it is
likely that someone will use it to improve the patch. Please let me
know if I should do that.
More information about the dev