[ovs-dev] [patch 0/2] datapath changes for 2.6.37-rc1

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Tue Nov 2 20:11:40 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 5:35 AM, Simon Horman <horms at verge.net.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The following two patches seem to be necessary and sufficient
> for the datapath to compile against 2.6.37-rc1.
>
> Lightly tested

Both applied, thanks.

There are a few things that I'm aware of that also should be taken
care of to be compatible with recent kernels.  They're a little more
subtle because they don't cause compilation problems:

* RPS hash.  We should clear skb->rxhash when we make a modification
that could affect it.  This could come up in either actions like
changing the IP address or tunneling.

* vlan acceleration.  In 2.6.37 we can start receiving packets with
vlan tags in the skb->vlan_tci field but we don't currently look for
them there.  We also need to take into account acceleration when
modifying/stripping a vlan tag.