[ovs-dev] GSO support

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Wed Nov 10 04:13:38 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 8:05 PM, Jyotiswarup Raiturkar
<jyotisr5 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> My mistake.
> I just saw the " #if LINUX_VERSION_CODE < KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,18)"
> macro before that..

All of the code in that directory is for compatibility with older
kernels.  In general the goal is to program for the APIs that the most
recent version of the kernel exposes and then have macros, etc. to
make older kernels emulate newer ones.  In this case kernels before
2.6.18 didn't have support for TSO/GSO and therefore could never
generate those packets, so we have a function that always returns
false.  Actually, the oldest kernel we currently support is 2.6.18, so
that bit of code could be dropped altogether.