[ovs-dev] vswitch bonding questions

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Fri Oct 22 16:41:53 UTC 2010

I can't help with Q1, because I don't know anything about IOS.

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 05:19:04PM +0100, Dominic Curran wrote:
> Q2: I can see how to get the vswitch updelay:
>      # ovs-appctl bond/show bond0
>    But, how can I set vswitches updelay ?

You can set it to, say, 1000 ms, temporarily with:
        ovs-vsctl set port bond0 bond_updelay=1000

You can set it permanently by setting other-config:bond-updelay in the
XAPI record for the PIF (but this won't propagate to OVS until
interface-reconfigure is rerun).

> Q3: I see code in vswitchd/proc_net_compat.c to create the
> /proc/net/bonding node.
>    However, I dont have a /proc/net/bonding path.
>    Do I need to enable this somehow ?

This is compatibility code for old versions of XAPI, because OVS
supports XenServer 5.5.0.  We don't enable it for 5.6.0 and later, by
default, but you should be able to force it on if you are curious by
setting ENABLE_FAKE_PROC_NET=y in /etc/sysconfig/openvswitch.