[ovs-dev] [ovs-discuss] Problem in Netflow configuration

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Fri Sep 10 03:41:21 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:42 PM, Jesse Gross <jesse at nicira.com> wrote:
> You're actually pretty close but you need to escape the colon with a
> backslash.  For example:
>
> ovs-vsctl create netflow target="192.168.1.150\:12000"

This is probably the #1 ovs-vsctl FAQ.  I think I might drop the
need to escape ":" when it follows "=" within an ovs-vsctl command.
The only syntactic reason to disallow them is consistency.  The general
form is a:b=c for many ovs-vsctl database commands; clearly in the
"a" part colons must be escaped, but there isn't the same need in the
"b" or "c" parts.

Any comments/objections?