[ovs-dev] [netlink 01/16] netdev-vport: Merge in netdev-patch and netdev-tunnel.

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Fri Sep 24 02:10:49 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:
> The only real difference between netdev-patch and netdev-tunnel is in their
> parse_config() implementation.  That's a lot of extra code to maintain, for
> questionable benefit.  This commit merges them into the netdev-vport code,
> which was heretofore merely a collection of helper functions.

I see a bunch of obviously broken things in this patch (for example it
always uses the "patch" type).  However, it looks like those issues
are cleaned up in the next patch, so I'm going to just review the
combined result.

As a general concept, this combination makes sense to me.

> +static const int n_vport_classes = ARRAY_SIZE(vport_classes);

This only gets used once and it is to iterate over the array.  In that
case I think it is clearer to use directly use the ARRAY_SIZE macro.