[ovs-dev] [stable 3/3] bond: New bonding mode "stable".

Ethan Jackson ethan at nicira.com
Thu Apr 14 17:52:34 UTC 2011

>  And
> it's not just stability that this mode brings to the table, right?
> It's additionally symmetry.  If it was only stability that was
> important then we could just disable rebalancing and be done with it.

I don't fully understand this point.  There isn't additional symmetry
beyond the happen-stance choice of the symmetric L4 hash function.
Symmetry isn't really a requirement at any rate.  What do you mean
precisely?

The only requirement is giving the control some sort of consistency
about which flows are assigned to which slave.

Ethan