[ovs-dev] [lacp bridge 0/4] Pull LACP code into the bridge from bond.

Ethan Jackson ethan at nicira.com
Fri Apr 15 02:09:34 UTC 2011

As part of Ben's bondlib changes the LACP module was put under the auspices of
bondlib.  Unfortunately, we need to be able to run LACP on non-bondable links.
There are three possible solutions to this problem.

1) Run the LACP module in bridge and bondlib.
   I don't like this much for obvious reasons.
2) Put all ports in bonds.
   This is a reasonable solution but seems slightly weird.
3) Pull the LACP code out of the bonding code.
   This patch series does this.

It turns out that the bonding code only needs two pieces of information from
LACP. Whether or not negotiations were successful, and whether or not a given
slave may be enabled.  This patch series just passes this information directly
into bondlib instead of making it responsible for administering the LACP
module.

Ethan Jackson (4):
  lacp: Remove enabled flag.
  bond: Give bridge control over LACP module.
  bond: Create new 'stable_id' parameter.
  bond: Completely pull LACP module out of bond.

 lib/bond.h        |   16 +++---
 lib/lacp.c        |   18 +------
 lib/lacp.h        |    1 -

1.7.4.2