[ovs-dev] [lacp bridge 3/4] bond: Create new 'stable_id' parameter.

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Fri Apr 15 17:38:02 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 07:09:37PM -0700, Ethan Jackson wrote:
> For BM_STABLE bonds, instead of choosing the sort key in the
> qsort() comparator. This patch makes it a configuration setting of
> each slave.  This will help rest LACP out of the bonding code
> further in future patches.

"rest"?  Do you mean "wrest"?  Or maybe just "pull".

The period between your first two sentences should be a comma, I
think: "...qsort() comparator, this patch...".

In bond_slave_register(), if the slave is enabled and stb_id changes,
then we need to set bond->stb_need_sort, I think, and probably
revalidate everything too?

I would personally find bond_stb_sort_cmp__() more readable as:

    static int
    bond_stb_sort_cmp__(const void *a_, const void *b_)
    {
	const struct bond_slave *const *ap = a_;
	const struct bond_slave *const *bp = b_;
	const struct bond_slave *a = *ap;
	const struct bond_slave *b = *bp;
	uint16_t a_id = a->stb_id;
	uint16_t b_id = b->stb_id;