[ovs-dev] utilities/ovs-openflowd missing from the master branch of Openvswitch v1.1.90

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Fri Aug 5 03:53:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 11:42 AM, wajeeha javed
<wajeeha.javed123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Jesse for such a prompt reply. Could you please guide me how to run
> the ovs-vswitch command.
> I read the Man Page of the ovs-vswitch, It requires to run the ovsdb server.
> But I dont understand
> what is the purpose of using the ovsdb server. Thanks

Please keep this on the mailing list.

ovs-vswitchd supports a much broader range of features than
ovs-openflowd and the database server contains configuration state for
those features.  Please read INSTALL.Linux for instructions on running
ovs-vswitchd.