[ovs-dev] [ovs-discuss] QoS in OVS compared to tc

Ethan Jackson ethan at nicira.com
Wed Aug 17 00:47:11 UTC 2011

> As a follow-up question to this, does OVS use tc at the backend to configure
> queues? I ask this because lets say I want to configure queues using tc and
> then somehow have them reflected in the OVS configuration database, so that
> later I can map flows to these queues (e.g. using Openflow). Is this
> possible?

OVS does use tc to configure it's queues internally.  While not
officially supported, you should be able to configure queues yourself
manually using tc.  These queues will not appear in the OVS database,
but will be accessible through OpenFlow.  You will have to figure out
the numbering convention OVS uses when it creates it's queues. This
should be fairly easy to do experimentally.

Ethan