[ovs-dev] asking about flow rate limiting feature

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Tue Aug 30 04:19:17 UTC 2011

This is a bit trickier, but it's certainly possible.  First, you'll need to configure queues on the egress ports.  You can see how to do this in the "Quality of Service (QoS)" section of the ovs-vsctl man page:

	http://openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/ovsman.cgi?page=utilities%2Fovs-vsctl.8

Then, you can add flows with the "enqueue" action from your controller or the ovs-ofctl command.  The enqueue action takes the port number and the queue id you configured earlier.  You can see some documentation about the enqueue action in the OpenFlow spec or the ovs-ofctl man page:

	http://openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/ovsman.cgi?page=utilities%2Fovs-ofctl.8

Good luck!

--Justin