[ovs-dev] Integration of Open vSwitch

Jamal Hadi Salim jhs at mojatatu.com
Mon Dec 5 13:49:03 UTC 2011

Jesse,

I empathize with effort youve put in, i really do; youve
already created the messaging from user space to kernel
and dammit it works; however, i  dont agree with your reasoning.
The classifier action code is _exactly_ the same infrastructure.
The user space API/messaging already exists. If there are actions
or a classifier missing - add it.
I wish i had the time to re-write the pieces i think need
changing. If the plan is to migrate to the current tc action
code, I will be fine with it - but you are not even suggesting
that.

I think i will punt this to DaveM to make the call.

cheers,
jamal