[ovs-dev] unix socket whitelist limits a controller to one bridge

Jari Sundell sundell.software at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 10:08:07 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 2:38 AM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 06:28:17PM +0900, Jari Sundell wrote:
>> A while ago whitelisting of some pathnames were made for controller
>> communication using unix sockets, however these are tied to the
>> bridge/switch name. Afaict, that makes it difficult for a single
>> controller to receive connections from multiple switches.
>
> Why?  Can't the controller just listen on multiple sockets?

This assume the controller knows apriori what switches are going to be
connecting and that we have an easy way of telling the controller to
make new sockets. While it can be worked around it with multiple
sockets that would make what should be a relatively straightforward
design unnecessarily complex.

Jari Sundell