[ovs-dev] [packet_in 10/13] ofputil: New function ofputil_decode_packet_in().

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Thu Dec 29 17:23:24 UTC 2011

This is the direction that I want to move in anyhow, for supporting
OpenFlow 1.1 and later.  Thanks for doing this.

One comment: other ofputil_decode_*() functions call
ofputil_decode_msg_type() and check the result because they can actually
decode more than one message format.  But this function only decodes a
single message format, so I think that it is better for it to simply
assume that the caller provided the correct message format.  It could
even take a "struct ofp_packet_in *" as parameter (instead of a generic
ofp_header).