[ovs-dev] [resubmit 4/4] ofproto: Resubmit Statistics.

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Fri Feb 18 19:10:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 02:18:48PM -0800, Ethan Jackson wrote:
> This patch causes statistics to be updated for rules which are
> resubmitted into. Once per second statistics are queried from the
> datapath and pushed along the resubmit graph (calculated on demand
> from the action list).  This approach is simple, easy to understand,
> and in most cases accurate.  However, when the resubmit graph
> changes, it is possible that some statistics will be accounted to
> the wrong rule for a short period of time.
>
> Bug #3730.

Thanks, this looks good to me.

I have one question, though.  It looks like flow_push_stats() only
affects the rules that get resubmitted into, not the initial rule.  Is
that correct?  Is there something else that adds stats to the initial
rule?  I might just be missing it in the diff; I didn't try to apply
this and look at the resulting file this time.