[ovs-dev] [resubmit 4/4] ofproto: Resubmit Statistics.

Ethan Jackson ethan at nicira.com
Fri Feb 18 19:15:10 UTC 2011

> I have one question, though.  It looks like flow_push_stats() only
> affects the rules that get resubmitted into, not the initial rule.  Is
> that correct?  Is there something else that adds stats to the initial
> rule?  I might just be missing it in the diff; I didn't try to apply
> this and look at the resulting file this time.

The initial rule doesn't have it's statistics counters updated
intentionally.  Each facet has a packet_count and an rs_packet_count.
The difference between these two values are pushed to all the children
rules and rs_packet_count is updated.  The facet packet_count is
updated as part of ofproto_update_stats and will be included in
rule_get_stats().

Ethan